Thursday, July 29, 2010

Look

As we stare longingly
Into each others' eyes,
We run together like
Colors of paint...
Mixing, creating
Something new and
Even more beautiful.
I can see what you
Think of me, but
I can't understand it.
I have done nothing
To deserve such admiration!
I have simply loved you
The way you deserve
To be loved...
That is not enough
For that look.
I love that look,
But I beg of you--
Stop looking at me that way.
I cannot stand up to
The purity and rawness
Of it all.

--C.R.E.

3 comments:

  1. I really like this one. I think you should play with it some more, because it has really great potential. Look at it with fresh eyes sometime, but not bad as it is. )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Confession time... 5 minute poem. I hadn't been near a computer all day, it was 11:40ish... I needed a poem. So thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looked rushed. That's why I suggest you mess with it some more. Don't call this one finished, but rough draft. idk. it's up to you.

    ReplyDelete