Sunday, September 5, 2010

What We Became

Blow me a kiss when you go,
For you plan to part on the morrow
And wind up in places where we can't meet
And I will cry where once your feet
Walked and filled my mind's eye
With illusionary skies
Filled with dreams of you and I
That have since long run dry.

When once again we surely laugh--
As we'll cheer on one another's behalf--
We'll look back on these days
And on our silly and childish ways,
And find solace because we know
That from ourselves we did grow
Into what we now have become
For good, worse, loud, or dumb...
We created ourselves from what we learned
After we left one another, lovers spurned.

--C.R.E.

1 comment:

  1. I know that there is a literary term for this, but I'm too lazy to look it up, so I'm just going to say that I like how your thoughts carried onto other lines. Makes sense?

    ReplyDelete