Thursday, September 9, 2010

Felicity

Felicity must be thy name--
Or thy creed and life purpose twain--
For, dearest, no other term,
No uttered phrase could affirm
All that you represent to me.
I fear the night, for it surely means
That your departure is underway
And I must spend many long hours vying for the day.
If not Felicity, then surely Grace
Graced thy parents' lips, a face
So beautiful--an angelic sight--
that spoke of their love that night
When first you graced this mortal sphere
With thy easy presence and mind so queer.
I fell in love with that selfsame mind
And now only pray and hope to find
A way into your heart as well...
For that would it wholely swell
And burst forth from this man's chest
To become something more, to pass the test
To win your eyes, heart, mind, and soul.
My life is thick with this lovely goal.

--C.R.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment