Thursday, September 30, 2010

Parted

I came to a splitting of ways with you
One fine, blustery, and crisp winter day.
Our duet no longer sounded pleasing to the ear,
So you went left and I took the right path,
Never again to grace each other with our fine miens.

Oh the beauteous freedom of simple solitude!
I recall flying and whooping, running and loving,
Seeing and believing, hearing and wanting...
And not thinking anymore of what you once meant.
What was once the joy of my life had, as time went on,
Become burdensome and made my heart heavy.

Parting ways and finding my sweet freedom was the finest
Thing that has ever happened to the both of us.
I thank you for seeing what I could not.

--C.R.E.

1 comment:

  1. That's a new take on breaking up... At least, that's what I assume you're talking about here. It reminds me of the Dierks Bentley song, "How am I Doing," but written much more eloquently. You have a definite talent for writing. Maybe you could try writing something that you normally don't write about sometime - get out of your comfort zone a little.

    ReplyDelete