Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Today

Shush, beauty, we can worry on the morrow's turn.
Tonight, let us dream! Let us dance and love
And carry on gaily. Let us love and let us be--
For we can consider heavy things after the long night.

For now I ask for happiness and light kisses.
I can understand your worry, but I beg,
Toss it away and find me in its place. Worry
Will do nothing for us in the end--after I have gone.

Some will cry over a loss that has not yet occurred,
But you and I still have each other and time!
Why cry now? Why live for a bleak future? Instead,
Love me today and miss me when I've gone from this sphere.

I love still. I want still. I live still...
Do not seek to change these facts by dreading my sure demise.
It will come, dear, and I will miss you terribly, but
For now... I'm here. Use this time for love, not worry.

--C.R.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment