Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Your Memory

Would you smile and laugh with me once more?
Or is that far too much for me to ask for?
You are weak now, passing on from this sphere...
I'll miss you, dear... Oh that you could stay here!

You're lying there now, fading faster and faster,
Soon, I fear, you will return to The Master
And leave me alone in a way I've never known.
Stay with me, love! I cannot go it alone.

I couldn't cry when you gave up the ghost.
Though I wanted to fill an ocean from coast to coast,
I found no tears in my sad, dead eyes...
And they couldn't look away from where you lied.

Beyond all reason I released weeks after,
Tears flowing freely down my face, mocking laughter
That we once shared and smiles you gave me.
Though sad and lonely... I love your memory.

--C.R.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment