Tuesday, August 17, 2010

4. Rivalry

4. Rivalry

I'd fight him if I thought
That I could win you by
Sheer will alone.

Honestly, I love you more
Than he could ever understand--
But I suppose that that never
Really matters in the end.

You care for him, I guess...
Though, to me, he speaks
Far too freely about important
And heavy things.

Sure, I love you,
But I never said a word to you
About the deepness of my heart.
And here he is--early on he spoke
Of love and marriage and more...

While his heart was in so many
Different and unknown places...
Mine was focused on you.

And now, he has your eyes,
Your mind, and your affection...
What is this cruel and mean thing
That has become existence?

Surely this rivalry is a joke--
It should never have been a match.

--C.R.E. 

No comments:

Post a Comment