Thursday, June 24, 2010

Being of First Poems and the Asking of Opinions

So here it is: The First Poem. I'm finally living up to the name of this blog--which, for the record, is meant more metaphorically than literally. I don't expect poetry to be the main aspect of this blog; I believe a blog written by me should, in turn, be predominately about me. That being said, expect some of my writings, musings, and poem-ings(now a word) from time to time.

So, anyone out there in wide ranges of the internet, I humbly ask an honest opinion--preferably your own ;)--of this "Meager" poem.

A Meager Record

For future generations,
I penned a meager record
Comprising lies I’d lied,
Mistakes I’d failed to avoid,
And life I couldn’t live.

I begged the unknown readers,
“Learn from my example!
Do not take your lives
Down the well-traversed paths
Of glib-encircled woe.”

I know not whether any
Will entertain my mean discourse—
Indeed, my only hope can be
That at least a single soul will see
A list of things better left undone.

--C.R.E.

P.S. When this post was written, the blog was still called "In Living Poetry". Hence the reference to the name. =) Sorry if I caused any confusion... but isn't the current name much more pleasant?

No comments:

Post a Comment